Leave a Mark
There’s an old saying in business that people buy from people. If that’s the case, it’s a good idea to get people together as often as possible!
Trade show and event marketing is a great way to get people together with common interests to achieve a goal. B2B and B2C marketers use trade shows and events to generate leads, nurture prospects, build brand awareness, expand distribution, conduct training, or enhance relationships with existing customers. Options include:
- Trade shows: You can exhibit during the exhibition, sponsor roundtable discussions or speeches, advertise in show materials and/or host your own reception at the event hotel or a restaurant in town.
- Seminars or conferences: Sponsor an industry conference or create a seminar and market it to your prospects.
- Networking meetings: Participate in and/or sponsor industry or local meetings; you can also create a one-time or ongoing breakfast or lunch meeting series for your prospects to attend.
- Webinars: Webinars are online seminars with slides and audio; you can use them to generate leads and communicate with large groups at a lower cost than a live meeting.
- Events for the arts, sports or charities: You can participate in these events as a sponsor with advertising, blocks of tickets, promotions and a reception for your VIPs.
When executed properly, a great trade show or event could produce a large percentage of the leads a company needs to generate over an entire year. With a halfhearted strategy, companies usually get lackluster results. With a solid strategy, planning, investment and measurement, your trade show and event marketing can be an effective part of your annual marketing plan.
Steps to a Successful Event
Set goals to capture more qualified leads at the show and nuture prospects into sales-ready leads. Plan media strategy, staffing, show resources.
Design the show presence that communicates your brand and attracts the right visitors. Consider collateral, messaging, signage, etc.
Reach your ideal customers before, during and after the event with communication that aligns with your goals.
Prove ROI and get the most out of your trade show investment with measurement, lead tracking and goal achievement through the proper thorough post event audit.